For each stringed instrument purchased over $299 we provide a basic overall cosmetic, structural, and electronics inspection performed by our in house guitar tech.
For all guitars over $799 we will provide a thorough inspection and a full setup. Our in house technicians will make sure your instrument is in great playing condition when it arrives.
- Check for burrs and smooth operation.
- Check for proper slot width, depth, and overall build quality.
- Ensure screws are tight and check for burrs.
- Check fretwork for quality and functionality on each fret.
- Ensure truss rod functionality and smooth operation.
- Set low action without any fret buzzing.
- Check and set pickup height.
Tremolo System / Bridge / Tailpiece / Stop Bar
- Check for smooth operation and set proper height.
- Check for tightness.
Knobs and Switches
- Check for functionality, smooth turning, and noiseless operation.
- Check solder joints for quality and functionality.
- Check for cosmetic issues from head to toe, nose to tail.
- Check playability for buzzing and smooth action.
- Check and set intonation on each string.
- Final tuning.
- Final clean and polish.
Unboxing Your Instrument
1. Resist the urge to open the box immediately.
2. Tune it up!
- Don’t have a tuner? You don't even need an app for that: Tune your guitar with a telephone!
- Or, you know, we can sell you a tuner here: Tuners! – Pitbull Audio